AS and A Level Biology is suitable if you:
- Have an interest in and enjoy biology and want to find out about how things work in the biological world by application of imaginative, logical thinking.
- Want to use Biology to progress onto further studies in Higher Education or support other qualifications or enter
- Are taking A Levels in the other sciences and/or mathematics or other relevant courses such as Physical Education and want to take another course that will support those studies.
Biology leads on to a wide range of courses and careers. This could include:
- An undergraduate degree in a life sciences, medicine, veterinary, physiotherapy, environmental or forensic science, etc.
- Employment, for example in the areas of biological testing, biotechnology, independent research and the food industry.